Hey, What’s Up, Hello (Imagine me extending the ‘O’ part)?
It has been an entire semester of college for me. If you are still here reading, then you know that I struggled a bit to post while I was bouncing between college and my house, where I took pictures. After a while, homework began to pile up, and I realized that I was standing at a fork in the road. On one hand, I could go all out and try to post all the time and just plan outfits to wear. But isn’t that a bit, I don’t know…fake? The reason I was inspired to blog when I was thirteen was because I saw that the bloggers I looked up to actually wore those outfits they captured in photographs. They woke up, and chose those flawless and chic outfits and ran errands. They didn’t (hopefully didn’t) take pictures and then fall back into sweatpants and lie around. In my imagination, my ideal blogger and style crush would go to someone who wore her pointy toed pumps with an obscene blanket scarf and bag and death grip skinny trousers and walked- YES, walked- to her destination, and sweat in her blazer and got blisters from her shoes but still did it anyway. She would walk to work and take the stairs and print papers and make phone calls and order coffee and maybe spill some, I don’t know- the point is, I would hope she had a real life behind her awesome outfit. So her Rag and Bone jeans wouldn’t be fresh out of a shipment box and worn once for five minutes for the sake of a picture, they would be those jeans that got sriracha stains on them that she had to secretly scrub for twenty minutes in her bathroom.
Oh, and on the other hand I neglected in the analogy earlier, there was the option I chose; I decided to rise to the occasion and act like a mature adult. Let me explain my thought process:
- “My parents are paying for a large chunk of my college career. It goes without saying that they expect the best grades from me as a sign of my undying gratitude.”
- “Writing for my blog is great, yeah, its the best, BUT I don’t actually get paid or get any college credit/recognition for it. So I can’t show up at home with an amateur blog and expect them to give me a standing ovation.”
- “Ultimately, I want to be a professional with an office job, and to do that, I should probably get a degree in something…” *chuckles dryly*
- “All jokes aside, I want to go to college and do well, and this blog is kind of in the way of that.”
- “Looks like I should postpone this until I have more time…”
*Accidentally waits two months*
Let’s catch up, since Texas did not get much colder.
|I deleted the one where I was smiling. This was a second later, when I was going to talk. Sorry about that strange face.|
|My hair has grown since then, you’ll see it soon. *Serene smile* or *indigestion smile*|
|Canvas tote bags for the win. Who needs designer bags when you have a solid and reliable conversation starter?|
|Oh trees. I had nothing else to say about this photo, as crazy as that seems.|
Now that I’ve given you a crazy amount of text and adequate visual aids, I think I’ll sign off for today.
If you somehow found me, or have been here all along,
THANKS. Fifty points for Ravenclaw House for being loyal to their fellow Ravenclaw’s blog!
If you don’t hate me yet for such a cumbersome post and still want more visual aids and awkward rambling, you can check out my Instagram!
XOXO- but I’m giving you an intense bear hug for reading, seriously. Okay. See you soon!