Spontaneous Photo-Ops ft. Mom

Walking around the University of Houston campus earlier yesterday and my Dad was cool enough to snap a photo of my outfit when I said that I liked what I was wearing out loud. 


I ditched the cross body and denim jacket for my beloved tote bag. 

Later the same day, my mom and I were walking around the Town and Country area and she did the exact same thing. 
*My mom and I walking*

Mom: We should take a picture of us, we look good today!

Me: *smiles widely and eyes widen*

Me: OKAY!!!!

Still Me: *skips behind Mom like a troll whilst fist-pumping*

I realized that if my style were a pie chart, a solid 70% could be attributed to my mom’s style, and the other 30% is just a mishmash of music, pop culture, and literary influence. Behold Exhibit A- our tendency to pick one color and wear mainly that. My mom loves dark colors. She always wears earrings, and pointy toed shoes, and cropped tapered pants. I do the same, but I don’t blow dry and style my hair religiously like her (actually I don’t at all), and I’ll wear white, light blue, or the darkest colors possible. I found this realization incredibly interesting, from our dedication to earrings to our obsession with keeping our ankles exposed.

Now I just wish we had been this spontaneous on Mother’s Day, when this cameo and post would have been more relevant. 

Xoxo

Ps. Yes, the photo quality is crap. I forgot my camera, so my iPhone had to do- I wasn’t about to turn down a picture with my mom.

Advertisements

Talk to Me

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s